For the 2020-2021 school year
If you have a child turning 5 years old on or before September 1, 2020, he/she is eligible for Kindergarten for the 2020-2021 school year. If your child turns 5 between September 2, 2020 and December 2, 2020 they are eligible for our Transitional Kindergarten (TK) Program.
Online enrollment will begin on February 18, 2020 for all new students at http://register.newarkunified.org. After the online enrollment is submitted you will need to bring the following into the school office in order for your child’s enrollment to be accepted:
- Proof of residency – One of the following will be accepted: a current rental agreement or mortgage statement, PG&E or Water bill, property tax statement, pay stub, correspondence from government agency (no copies).
- Original Birth certificate (certificate of live birth from the County/State/Country of birth, not a hospital certificate).
- Immunization records that include (no exemption, unless medical, will be accepted):
- Polio – 4 doses
- DTaP/DPT – 5 doses (last doses after the age of 4)
- Measles, Mumps and Rubella/MMR – 2 doses (one dose after the age of 1)
- Hepatitis B – 3 doses
- Varicella/Chicken Pox vaccine – 2 doses
- Test for TB – Tuberculin Skin Test, we need:
- the date the test was given
- the date the test was read
- the result of the TB test
If the Doctor deems the TB test not necessary, we must have a signed statement from the Doctor stating that a screening was done and that the child has “No Risk Factors”.
- For new TK & Kindergarten students, a physical examination from a doctor performed after February 18, 2020. This must include a health history and complete physical exam. For all other grades, a copy of the most current physical must be submitted.
- Oral Health Assessment per Ed. Code Section 49452.8, which requires TK, Kindergarten, and 1st grade students submit proof of an oral health assessment performed by a licensed dentist. This exam must be done after September 1, 2019.
- Online registration submitted and approved as “Completed” by the school office.
Only after ALL the registration requirements are met will your child will be enrolled elementary in school.